Next Election:  General Election

                             November 3, 2020

Election Notices          Election Results     

Polling Location                                 Polling Hours
Vandenbroek Town Hall                  7:00AM to 8:00PM
W2030 Cty JJ
Kaukauna, WI 54130

Polling places are accessible to elderly and disabled voters.

VOTER ID IS REQUIRED                  

For more information on voter ID, go to

Are you registered to vote? Go to to verify if you are registered. If your name is on the poll list you do not have to register again unless you have moved or your name has changed.


Anyone wishing to vote in the State of Wisconsin, has to be registered. If one is not registered they have three options to register, please note you must be at your residence 28 days prior to the election:

By Mail: Download the 
New Voter Application complete the form and mail it into your municipal clerk's office up to 5:00 p.m. on the 3rd Wednesday (20th day) before the election. Proof of Residence is required for any elector, who is not a military or permanent overseas elector, who registers by mail.  If registering by mail, a copy must be included when submitting the registration application.

In Person: Register in the municipal clerk's office, by appointment, up to 5:00 P.M. on the Friday before the election. Proof of Residence is required for any elector, who is not a military or permanent overseas elector, who registers in person at the Municipal Clerk's Office.
At the Polling Place on Election Day.  If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof of your residency.
Proof of Residence is required for any elector who is registering to vote on Election Day. If you register on election day, prepared to spend additional time at the polling place.

Proof of Residence

  • The following constitute acceptable Proof-of-Residence if the document contains the information specified above:      
  • A current and valid Wisconsin driver license or receipt for license.
  • A current and valid Wisconsin identification card or receipt for identification card.
  • Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
  • Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
  • A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
  • A university, college or technical college identification card (must include photo) ONLY if the voter provides a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months that includes name and address.
  • A utility bill (gas, electric, water, sewer, telephone/mobile, cable/satellite, TV, internet, etc.) for the period commencing no earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
  • A bank statement (statement must reflect an account where funds are deposited).
  • A paycheck (or stub documentation of direct deposit).
  • A check or other document issued by a unit of government (federal, state, county, municipal, school district, tribal).
  • A signed letter on public or private social service agency letterhead identifying a homeless voter and describing the individual’s residence for voting purposes.
  • A residential lease that is effective on the date of registration (not valid if registering by mail).

You may present your proof of residence document as a paper document or as an electronic document on your smartphone, tablet or computer.  An internet connection is not provided.

Absentee Voting
Please note that a PHOTO ID is required to vote absentee.  If you are mailing or emailing your absentee request, please be sure to include a copy of your photo identification.  Please bring it with you for in-person absentee voting.

What is an absentee ballot?
In some cases voters are unable to get to the polling place on election day.  An absentee ballot is a paper ballot marked by an absent voter, sealed in a special envelope and  mailed to the municipal clerk. 

Who can request and receive an absentee ballot?
Any qualified elector.  A qualified elector is a United States citizen, 18 years of age or older, who has resided in the election district or ward for 28 consecutive days prior to the election.  

If an elector is indefinitely confined due to age, illness, infirmity or disability, they may submit an application for absentee ballot and check the appropriate certification.  The Town Clerk will automatically send them a ballot for every subsequent election until you are no longer confined or fail to return a ballot for an election.   

How does an elector request an absentee ballot?
The request is made to the municipal clerk in writing by using the 
Absentee Application or online by

clicking the button to the right. 


The elector making the request must sign the application.  The request can be sent via email or by mail. Be sure to include a copy of your PHOTO ID with your request.

The clerk needs to receive absentee applications by the Thursday prior to the election and all ballots must be received by 8pm on election day.

Instructions for absentee voting

Please note, you must be registered to vote, to cast an absentee ballot. Absentee Applications can be mailed to:
Vandenbroek Clerk

W2030 County Rd JJ
Kaukauna, WI 54130

In-person Absentee Voting Hours for All Elections
To vote absentee in person please contact the Town Clerk as in-person absentee is done by appointment only. In person voting begins 14 days prior to the election and ends on the Friday preceding the election.  Bring your Photo ID with you to vote. Please text or email clerk for quickest response.

Election Questions? Contact Town Clerk:
Cory Swedberg
W2030 County Rd JJ
Kaukauna,WI 54130
920-850-1848            Email:

Outagamie County, Wisconsin

Municipal Elections

Town Chair & Town Supervisors (2)

Elections for Chairperson and Supervisor seats are held on the 1st Tuesday in April in odd numbered years.  

All seats are elected at-large and all seats are two-year terms. If more than two citizens file as candidates for the Chairperson, a primary election will be held on the 3rd Tuesday in February.

If more than four citizens file as candidates for Town Supervisors seats, a primary election is necessary and it will be held on the 3rd Tuesday in February.

How do I run for an elected position in the Town?

You must be a resident of the Town and a qualified elector to seek election to a Town office. A Declaration of Candidacy and Campaign Registration Statement form must be filed in person with the Town Clerk before circulating nomination papers. The citizen must then circulate nomination papers and obtain at least 20 signatures from Town residents to have their name appear on the ballot. 

Nomination papers may be circulated no earlier than December 1st and are due in the clerk's office by 5:00 p.m on January 5, 2021.
The following items are links to the documents required to be filed in the Clerk's office if you are interested in seeking election to an office. 

Declaration of Candidacy form must be filed in Clerk's office.

Campaign Registration Statement must be filed in Clerk's office before circulating nomination papers. 

Nomination Papers must be filed in Clerk's office by filing deadline

For additional information contact the
 Town Clerk.

Town of Vandenbroek